Our Services And Fees For Landlords
(VAT charged at current rate of 20%)
7.5% of rent (plus VAT)
Includes the following as standard:
1. High quality advertising- Including professional photography, floor plans and descriptions,
plus placing of an advertising board outside your property in accordance with Town and
Country Planning Act 1990
2. Extensive marketing- Stow Brothers own website and database, display in our prominent
office window in central Walthamstow, publication in local independent newspaper, and
promotion via social media channels plus standard industry portals Rightmove and Zoopla
3. Sourcing of suitable tenants
4. Comprehensive referencing/screening process- We use ‘Homelet’, the UK’s largest tenant
referencing and specialist lettings insurance company, to vet our tenants.
5. Drawing up of Tenancy Agreement- Our agreements are regularly reviewed and updated by
our solicitors to ensure we are up to date with all changes to UK legislation in the private
6. Moving tenants in- We arrange release of keys to your tenants once they have signed
paperwork and all monies have been received.
Rent Collection Service
10% of rent (plus VAT)
Everything included in the Let-Only Service, plus:
1. Registration of your damage deposit- It is a legal requirement that the damage deposit given
by your tenants is registered with a governing body.
2. Collection of rent- We collect your rent on a monthly basis, chase late rental payments
if required, and pay you on a monthly basis.
3. Issuing of monthly invoices and annual statements- We include this as part of this service
to make your accounting easier.
4. Rent and legal protection- We also include this cover to give you that extra piece of mind.
Full Management Service
12.5% of rent (plus VAT)
Everything included in the Let-Only and Rent Collection Services, plus:
1. Online management through our specialist software- We have invested in the most up-to
date software allowing us to be highly effective in managing your property. It also allows you to
keep up to date with your property, including access to invoices and statements, viewing any
reported issues, what has been done (or is planned) to action them, by who and when- all
without needing to pick up the phone (although we are always here if you need us).
2. Dedicated property manager- We think it is really important that there is always someone to
speak to about your property, and so you will be allocated a property manager that you can
liaise with 5 days a week.
3. Key holding service- We will hold spare keys in the event of any maintenance issues,
property inspections or any other reason we may need to gain access into your property.
4. Arrangement of repairs and maintenance- Your tenants will liaise directly with us regarding
any issues they have and it is our duty to deal with them quickly and efficiently, and keep you
informed every step of the way.
5.Credit control- When dealing with maintenance issues it is our priority to ensure the job is
done correctly, but very importantly also for a competitive price. We have long standing
relationships with our contractors that are priced fairly but are also high skilled professionals
in their industry.
6. 24 Hour emergency contact- this service offers 24hour support to your tenants in the event
of an emergency at the property, such as a burst pipe. It saves you both hassle and money,
because emergencies can be dealt with immediately, which could save you from bigger, more
7. Property inspections- We offer 2 property inspections per annum to ensure your tenants are
looking after your property in the way we would expect them to. It is also our opportunity to be
proactive and action any issues that haven’t been reported by tenants, that if left untreated
could become expensive to rectify in the future.
8. Inventory and check-in- We will organise the property inventory for you, and ensure
tenants are clear about the property condition and contents. Without an inventory your
tenants may be able to claim their deposit in full regardless of any damage done to your
property during their tenancy.
9. Arrangement of the check-out process- We will liaise with your tenants and arrange the
checkout process with them- ensuring all parties are happy with the condition of the property
at the end of a tenancy, and approve release of their deposit once any issues have been
We also offer many other specialist services and optional extras which can make your
life easier and help you to meet your legal obligations- please see below for the full list of
services we offer and what each costs. There is no obligation to have any of these services from us.
Tenancy Set-Up Fee (Landlords Share):
£100 (plus VAT)
-Agree the market rent and find a tenant/s in accordance with your guidelines
-Advise on any works necessary prior to letting to let your property as swiftly as possible
-Provide guidance on compliance with statutory provisions and letting consents
-Carry out accompanied viewings (as appropriate)
-Market the property and advertise on relevant portals
-Placing of advertising board outside the property (in accordance with Town and Country Planning Act 1990)
-Advise on non-resident tax status and HMRC (if relevant)
Tenant Check- In Fee (Landlords Share):
£50 (plus VAT)
-Agree check-in date and appointment time with tenant
-Instruct inventory provider to attend
-Negotiate with landlord and tenants on any issues initially identified
-Update inventory if necessary
-Ensure tenants understand their obligations, how to use the boiler etc
-Confirm and agree with tenants on property condition and agree how the property should be returned.
Tenancy Renewal Fee (Landlords Share):
£80 (plus VAT)
-Review rent in accordance with current prevailing market conditions and advise the landlord
-Negotiate with tenant
-Direct tenant to make payment change as appropriate
-Update the tenancy agreement
-Serve Section 13 Notice if tenancy is on a rolling monthly basis
Inventory Fee (Landlords Share):
£100 x 1 bedroom + £20 per additional bedroom (plus VAT)
-This could be more if you have an unusual property, outbuildings etc
-Please ask us for a quote on your particular property
Additional Property Visits:
£40 (plus VAT)
-To attend for specific requests such as neighbour disputes; extra visits to monitor the tenancy,
or any maintenance-linked visit for example.
Arrangement Fee For Works Over £1000:
10% of total cost
-Arranging access and assessing costs with contractor;
-Ensuring work has been carried out in accordance with the specification of works
-Retaining any warranty or guarantee as a result of any works
Obtaining More than Two Contractors Quotes:
£10 per quote (plus VAT)
£85 (plus VAT)
£75 (plus VAT)
Electrical NICEIC Test
£120 (plus VAT)
Serving of Section 21 Notice by Solicitor
£60 (plus VAT)
Property Clean for New Instructions
Please ask us for a quote
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ON OUR FEES OR WOULD LIKE A COPY IN PDF FORMAT, PLEASE CONTACT US ON 020 3397 9797
Fees Correct as of December 2015.